Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I Hate it When That Happens...

Crawled under the covers last night and cracked open a new book, Katherine Neville's The Eight. Got about six or seven pages into the first chapter, and thought, "this seems very familiar." I believe I've read the book already, but I couldn't find another copy on my bookshelves. It's possible I loaned the book to someone, and that's all the more probable since I checked the exerpt on Amazon.com and it doesn't go as far as I read last night.

You must understand, I love digging into a brand new book, but I've done so much reading over the years that I can't keep track of them all. I'm not one of those people who memorizes song titles and artists--I need to hear the song in order to recognize it. It's the same for me and books. I can remember a few books by their titles and/or authors, but there are so many that occasionally one slips through that has been there before. I think this is going to call for drastic measures--I'm going to have to keep a list of the books I've read so I can reference it before I buy a book (too difficult to remember all the books on my two-books-deep shelves).

Maybe I'm just tapped into a higher conciousness of hive-type thought where I can access all the plots ever conceived by any author... ha, not!

Come on, 'fess up, this has happened to you too, right? Anyone, anyone...?

No comments: