Saturday, June 25, 2011

Busy Weekend and It's Only Saturday


Last night was my first night at Ravinia this season. There was a concert in the Martin Theater, but they pipe the music out onto the lawn. There was a pretty good size lawn audience last night. The joint used to be a carnival of sorts, and this carousel horse used to be a prat of an actual carousel on the property. Terrible sketch...wine, music, darkness descending conspired against me...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.




After a late night at Ravinia, I got up early this morning to snarf some breakfast and let it settle before I rode up to Racine's Mound Cemetery to meet a wonderfully creative group of folks for Write & Sketchcrawl. This particular monument was made out of wood! I'd never seen the like. Along the top, your Frederick Acznos' headtrunk reads, "Erected by the Woodmen of the World."

The scan was going to include a corner of my mileage log, so I decided to let you enjoy the full story...lucky you! Ha!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

dcpeg said...

Sounds like you've had a very FULL weekend, Nan! The wooden marker is interesting. Maybe you'll show it to me when I'm up there later this week . . .?