Friday, January 04, 2013

Moleskine 2013: Smoooooth Operatooooor

Flipped to the back page of a National Geographic and found this treasure of a photo, and the "Smooth Operator" title threw me back in time.

I've had the great good fortune to work in small, pseudo-family work environments. While toiling away at the computer in my first job, I would occasionally burst out in song (I blame it on the radio). A thin edge of seniority over my office mates encouraged them to join in, and management soon dubbed us "Nancy and the Desktoppers." Good times, good times.

Hat tip to Sade for this wonderful tune. I strongly suspect that when I'm 90 something and my mind goes, this song will play in the elevator at the doctor's office and I'll break out in song again--imagining myself a 20 something Desktopper...fair warning to all!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: