Monday, January 29, 2007

Sketchcrawl 12.5

Sunday was the appointed day for Sketchcrawl 12.5. Here are the results (click on any image to see it larger):



I spent about two hours doing this sketch (I'm not fast). It was wonderfully quiet in the house, and I had a cup of coffee by my side. Life is good. The sketchcrawl served a dual purpose because it was also my Artist's Date this week for the WITW group. The stack of books on the end of the couch is my pile of to-be-read books. I'm currently reading both The Yellow House: Van Gogh, Gauguin, and Nine Turbulent Weeks in Arles by Martin Gayford and The Sea by John Banville.

Whenever I sit down with The Yellow House I picture Tim Roth as Van Gogh. I rented the movie Vincent & Theo not too long ago, and Roth was a wonderful Vincent. But I digress....

Here's a photo of what I was looking at:



Here's a detail I wanted to get to, but didn't. I'd even put a teaser in my datebook entry of this little hooter. I thought I'd at least better provide a photo to follow through.



I went to see Pan's Labyrinth with mom in the afternoon, and we went out for dinner afterward. When I got home, I broke out the new Winsor Newton watercolors and the new 5.5x8.5" sketchbook, and did this:



It was a wonderfully creative day, and very peaceful. I look forward to more, and hope the same for you.

To read about Sketchcrawls: www.sketchcrawl.com

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful SketchCrawl sketches. I really like the detail in the large version of the pencil sketch.