Sunday, December 13, 2009

Yearly Tradition Upheld


Every December I meet up with my now friends (former co-workers) in Long Grove for a day of shopping, lunch, more shopping, and drinks to celebrate the season. I've officially decided to call it a Christmas tradition since this was our 12th anniversary of this particular outing. I get together with these folks throughout the course of the year for other fun, but this is the most steadily and completely attended gathering. Pictured above from left: me, Laura, Karen, Joyce and Pam.


There are certain shops we return to every year, and The Olive Tap is definitely one of those. I found this product's flavor highly disturbing and photo worthy. Now I know you're going to tell me it's probably named after (and designed to embody) the flavor of that drink, but come on....


Toward the end of the day we'd experienced some shopper/friend attrition (just for the day), but we did gain one Steve (Joyce's hubby). A wonderful time was had by all!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

dcpeg said...

Looks like you all can hardly stand each other! HA!! As for the fuzzy navel -- eeeuuw!!

Nan said...

It was the "navel jam" part that got me...can you say lint? EEEEEWWwwwwww!

dcpeg said...

Yeah, I getcha! How 'bout navel jelly instead? EEEEuuuuuuww!!