Saturday, January 02, 2010

What a Mess!



Let this be a lesson to you, girls and boys, watercolors, pencil, and wine do not mix well. In truth, I started with the watercolors instead of a sketch, and it went horribly wrong. The pencil was introduced to mend the damage, but it was too late. So why am I posting it, you wonder? Because it's all a part of the process... aaaaaaand, I'm going to attempt to post something every day in 2010.

BBC News was reporting the theft of Degas' "Les Choristes" New Year's Eve night, and since I was not looking forward to doing yet another sketch of a champagne glass to mark the new year, I opted for current events. My eighth grade social studies teacher might be proud...or not.

On a side note, or as an addendum to an earlier post, or as a bit of follow-up, or whatever, my first round of Christmas cards came back to me marked "No Such Recipient". Bummer. And the bigger bummer... this only happened after I'd sent another batch. I expect the return of the second batch any day now. D'oh!

Back on the topic of things I'd like to achieve/return to/experience/resolve: I'm determined to get back into cycling this year. Yep, that's all I've got. Hey something is better than nothing, right? Have you made any resolutions for 2010? Leave a comment... I'm looking for good ideas!

Anyhoo, I hope your 2010 is off to a good start!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: