Saturday, January 26, 2008

Home


This Everyday Matters assignment appealed to me.

Places evoke feelings. Sometimes those feelings are brash because huge things happened there. More often, in my own experience, the feeling is subtle. The feeling doesn't belong to any of the five senses, but to a deeper part. My home is still new enough that I haven't developed that feeling yet. I don't feel uncomfortable in my home, but I don't know it yet. I still haven't seen it in the spring or at the height of summer.

When I reach the house at the end of a day of work or returning from running errands, I say the word "home" out loud as if I somehow need to convince myself it's true.

The feeling will come, it always does.

Thanks for dropping in!

1 comment:

dcpeg said...

Brilliant take on the meaning of "home"!! I so get what you're saying. Even though we rent our home, it's still HOME! Love your front door drawing -- very welcoming.